Thursday 12 March 2015

FV Environment art

Playing around with environment ideas. Still got lots to do, but I think this is the sort of style I'm going for. Because my characters will  be quite rounded and soft, I'd like to keep the environment more angular (I've used the lasso tool a lot!). The environments aren't as important as the characters in my story so I'm hoping by differentiating the shapes it will make them stand out more.
 
I started with similar looking generic houses but then thought of turning my habitats into the parts of the body that the flu virus would naturally enter, such as the nostrils and mouth.
 
I like the idea of keeping the environments more stylized so it isn't immediately obvious that it is a nose, hence trying out the different colours.

I see the nostrils as being the doors that the virus will knock at and then enter!


1 comment:

  1. I really like the face design, maybe experiment with some more colours like blue/red/yellow instead of colours that are natural skin colours :D or keep the green, I love that one!

    ReplyDelete